6.03.2009

Yard Sale Finds


Here are some pictures of my yard sale finds from the Base-Wide Yard Sale last weekend - in addition to these pictures I also got a lot of children's books, clothes and shoes and about 20 pieces of clothing for myself! It was a very successful morning.


I found these shelves at a home, and when I asked the price the couple looked at each other trying to figure out what to charge. I'm not sure why you'd try selling something without knowing ahead of time how much you wanted for them, but it seemed to work for me, as they took $10 a piece for these beauties!

They are a pretty ugly pink/brown color, but they'll look fabulous once we repaint them. We are going to cover up the pine cones too, since pine cones aren't really our thing - but could imagine how spiffy we'd look if we'd kept the pine cone wall that was in our dining room (scroll down for image) and then had these pine cone shelves in there too?!
The shelves also have built-in lighting in them - I just love them!


These next two finds were my best finds, since they were both FREE! You can see they've quite comfortably settled into our garage holding various items =)
The items came from the same home, they are from Germany and are rather industrial looking, but are super sturdy and with a little TLC I think they will fit right in to our home.

With this one I am envisioning baskets of various sizes to fit in the cubbies, and papers and books in the very narrow cubbies. Perhaps chalkboard paint on the sides and/or a cork board. Not sure if it will go in the boys room or use it to hold school supplies.


This one I am envisioning as a little breakfast table in the corner of our kitchen. A stool under each overhang, cool knobs on the door, and breakfast items on the shelves.

Moving on...

I found 10 of these Yankee Candle melting wax things. I got them for .10 cents a piece.

These decorative square shelves were .25 cents a piece. I am not sure where they will go or what color I will paint them, but I was drawn to their scalloped edge.

This little guy was brand new and for $5 (reg $40) I thought he'd make a perfect addition to our kitchen.

This little Lap Harp was also brand new and comes with sheet music. Judah has already seen it and LOVES it, but I am putting it away for Christmas. This was $3.00.


This was my favorite book that I picked up for the boys - an A-Z of dinosaurs. It's super cute and really well done!

And then this jacket was my favorite piece of clothing I picked up for Judah - a reversible Harley Davidson motorcycle jacket. I just loved it, and he does too - he's been wearing it outside in the 90 F weather!




Check out Rhoda's for more yard sale finds!

9 comments:

Bethany said...

You must have a much bigger house than I do, cause I really need to avoid too much yard saling. I've got no room left for more neat stuff! But they must have really great sales down south, cause you get so much good stuff! *jealous*

Brittany said...

love the bookshelves. look great!

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

My mouth dropped open when I saw those shelves for $10. They are amazing and the Kitchenaid - that was a total score. I would have snatched that up too. :)

Glenda/MidSouth said...

You got some good deals, especially the shelves.
Glenda

The Tattered Cottage said...

$10 for the shelves!! Great score!! I'm so jealous! ;)
Toni

Unknown said...

Fabulous finds! I especially love the pair of bookshelves! Bravo!

Tina

Miss G said...

wow! That is great on the shelves especially! Wonderful finds! Kelly

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

WOW at the shelves for $10 each! What a deal. And I loved the red Kitchenaid piece too. I love finding small appliances out there.

ThriftyAnnabella said...

Wow I'm so jealous - $20 for those shelves. Great find

Related Posts with Thumbnails