6.19.2009

30 Days of Littles Day 14


Another big sanity saver is that I don't do scheduled things with the boys. Or at least very rarely.
I don't belong to any mom-groups or toddler play groups. I don't take them to the park unless the fancy strikes. And it doesn't strike very often.

We have a fantastic backyard for them to play and imagine in.

I suppose in a few years telling them to imagine they are swinging on swings and going down swirly slides won't work anymore. But for now it does. And they are so happy playing at their own house. And I am relaxed and un-rushed.

4 comments:

Keetha Broyles said...

And besides, the back yard gator is a GREAT babysitter!!

Jessica said...

I think it's great to foster imagination in your kids. It's also wonderful to encourage a spirit of contentment in them - as in, they don't have to have tons of fancy things to make them happy. It's great, too, that they have each other to play with.

Jessica The Rock Chick said...

I was the same way. When my kids were little, we did nothing scheduled. No play groups, no preschool, nothing like that. We have a nice park just a few houses down and we used to go there quite a bit, but otherwise we just did what our imaginations wanted to do. The kids always loved digging in the dirt, the little pool in the yard, sidewalk chalk, finger painting, etc. We did go to zoos, etc., but I never planned to see anything in particular. If we made it 3 hours, fine, if only 1, that was fine, too. We're still kind of like that! LOL

mum said...

Do get a sand box when they are a bit older, that was an amazing source of fun for you guys!!! And I could read at the same time...

Related Posts with Thumbnails