6.23.2009

Chai Tea & Memories


Chai Tea is hands down my favorite type of tea ever. It's like a mug full of warm, flavorful sweetness. If I drink one mug I generally drink two or three more - it's just that yummy! I know you can make your own, and I have several recipes I intend to try, but in 4.5 years I have never gotten around to trying to make my own!!

Paul introduced it to me before we were married and the morning he proposed (early in the morning, on the beach *sigh*) he brought along a thermos of chai tea for us to enjoy (it was a chilly November morning!)
Every time I drink this tea it makes me think back to that morning - it's kind of fun having such a sweet reminder of that romantic time!
Here we are just after our engagement:

We were in a costume shop, all dressed up for fun.

Do you have foods that you associate with special times in your life?

Tasty Tuesday

5 comments:

Muthering Heights said...

What a sweet memory! I also love Chai, but there is no romantic story behind it, LOL!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jessica. Thanks for stopping by my blog and for all the kind words. I'm trying to get ready for a trip so when I get back I will take a look around your blog. I hope you have a great week!

mum said...

Rotten bananas make me homesick as they remind me of my pet monkeys!!!

Ally D said...

When Ted and I started dating we would make perogies every Friday night...I finished work at 9 so Teddy would get all the ingrediants, and we would stay up way too late cooking and eating and talking.
They're still our go to date food!

Rebecca said...

I'm glad you left a coment on my blog! :) Love your blog! Think we like alot of similar things. I love Chai tea! :) Your little boys are precious! Love the name Judah!! We had either Judah, Jude, Luke, or Elijah picked out for a boy's name. :) Love your photography too!

Related Posts with Thumbnails