7.17.2009

Homemade Dishwasher Soap


While Paul was out of town I unexpectedly ran out of dishwasher soap one evening - not wanting to run out to the store that night, or even the next day, I sat down with my bestie Google and looked up homemade dishwasher soap.
Oddly enough I had all the ingredients on hand to make the homemade dishwasher soap and I TOTALLY love it! I don't think I'll ever go back to the store bought stuff.

The homemade dishwasher soap is cheaper (although your upfront cost will be more.) It smells better. It doesn't have any hidden or mysterious ingredients in it. And it looks pretty sitting in a glass jar next to the sink.

Here's what you need:

1/2 cup Dr Bronners Sal Suds (increase the amount if you have hard water)
1/2 cup water
1 tsp lemon juice
3 drops tea tree oil
1/2 cup white vinegar

Combine all ingredients and store in a covered jar. I use 1 TBSP per load and .5 TBSP in the pre-rinse compartment.

2 comments:

Keetha Broyles said...

I'm more than a little surprised that you keep "Dr. Bronner's Sal Suds and tea tree oil on hand - - - I know My CUPBOARDS are literally running over with those items!!! HEhehehehehehehe

Tammy said...

You have Dr. Bronner's Sal Suds on hand? I don't even know what that is!

And tea tree oil - though I have heard of it, I've never bought it, and never seen it :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails