7.05.2009

30 Days with Littles Day30


When I was 20 weeks pregnant with Judah I almost lost him. It's almost overwhelming to think back on the circumstances. But in looking back I am comforted by seeing God's hand so clearly guiding us through the situation - from the timing of everything, to the doctors that were on call, to the hard decisions we had to make. Until I was 32 weeks pregnant the doctors were iffy on whether he would make it full term or not, and while he was born 5 weeks premature he was healthy and totally normal.

All that to say - not a day goes by that I don't remember how close I felt we were to loosing him and in turn thank God for saving him and giving us our precious son.

And while Wesley's pregnancy wasn't nearly as dramatic as Judah's, it easily could have been - and I praise God for giving me two healthy boys.

Kristin mentioned in her guest post that her main survival strategy is prayer. I couldn't agree with her more. And digging a bit deeper into it - if we are thanking God each and every day for our children we will be cultivating an attitude of thanksgiving and thereby living a joyful life - seeing the Glorious in the mundane. Loving our children in a selfless way. Showing them what a true relationship with Christ looks like. For a Christian mother, that should be our goal for each day that we spend with our children - to show them Christ.


This concludes the 30 Days with Littles series! Wow!! Thanks for tagging along and adding your ideas in the comments. There were some great ideas I was going to try out with my boys!

4 comments:

Kristin said...

Amen. For me, that is the most overwhelming part of parenthood. I want them to be drawn to Jesus through me. Oh, but I am such an imperfect example. Thank God that His strength is made perfect in my weakness. (2 Cor 12:9)

Your example is an encouragement. Thank you so much.

Jessica The Rock Chick said...

Beautiful words to accompany a beautiful pic of 2 gorgeous little boys! You are very blessed, Jessica!

Sis said...

I tear up everytime I think of that weekend... I love my Judah-boo so much :)

Bethany said...

I thought about your pregnancy experience with Judah recently. I believe that is about the time I started reading your blog... But it is so hard to imagine that your little guy almost didn't make it here. God is so good. It really does make you appreciate them all the more, doesn't it?

Related Posts with Thumbnails