2.08.2007

Thursday Thirteen #12


Thirteen Baby Related Things I Wouldn't Want to Live Without


1. Disposable Diapers! I can *not* imagine having to dispose of the contents of these diapers with the intention of keeping the diaper. *Ick*


2. Swaddling Blankets - he lives in those things! More often than not he doesn't wear clothes, just a diaper and the swaddling blanket.


3. Milk Intake Scales (at least until he is feeding ok!!)


4. An electric pump (again! at least until he is feeding ok!)


5. His Sling. I have put him in it the few times we've been out and people leave us alone! It's a lot more private - and therefore germ free - than just carrying him or carrying him in his car seat.


6. His daddy. Paul is a super diaper changer, baby burper and mother pamperer.


7. Burp clothes to catch the spit up!


8. Google and Baby forums for answering my immediate questions and concerns.


9. His car seat, since it keeps him safe. But man, I would love to do it African style and just hold him while we drive =)


10. A camera. While not exactly a baby thing, anyone with a baby does not want to be without a camera!!


11. Netflix.com - again, not a 'baby thing' - but during the long nursings trying to get him to eat having a constant flow of new movies to watch is GREAT!


12. A notebook and pen to keep track of everything that's going on so I can enter it in his baby scrapbook when I have time. (Will I ever have time?!)


13. Knowing the Designer and Creator of this little baby and knowing He is in control of all that has happened and all that will happen.



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!

13 comments:

Sword Mama said...

I want to try Netflix too! It seems to come in handy from what I've heard. Oh my gosh, the sling, how beyond adorable!! I never used that with my sons but wished I had. Nice to meet you! :)

The Rock Chick said...

Hi! I'm a Jessica, too!!! Your list brought me back. My kids now are 15, 14, 13 and 11---the diapers and toys have been exchanged for (sigh) boyfriends and makeup....I really enjoyed your list! Thanks for sharing!
Jessica (The Rock Chick)

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

I used cloth diapers at home... LOVED them. Know those baby blowouts you sometimes get, where it creeps up the back and, if you're lucky, over the shoulders? Well, never happened in cloth. I had a service, though, so didn't have to deal with the dirty diapers. That was nice.

I loved my sling, too! You could cuddle AND be hands-free. What a great thing.

Happy TT (now that I sound totally granola. I'm really not!)

Penny said...

I agree with you on every single one! Especially the disposable diapers. My mom refused to use them when my brother was little. I remember having to swish the "dirty" ones in the toilet. YUCK! If we had a service, I probably would have thought differently about them.

I used disposable with my daughter.

Jess said...

Hi Jessica,
I am Jess (short for Jess) Is this your first baby? Congrats! Mine are older now,..9 and 7. I remember my youngest loved his sling and oh the vibrating bouncy seat saved my sanity many a night.

Enjoy these nursing moments now. They go away so quickly.

HUGS!

Essie said...

:)I smile everytime I read about him:) He will be spoilt by his Aunt, I can garuntee it:)

Unknown said...

What a nice list! We wont need a lot of those as we are adopting from China, but will keep in mind! Thanks

Anonymous said...

Isn't it great being a mom in 2007!
I love netfix!

Kristin said...

Great list Jessica! I agree with nearly all of them (the only exception is that I use cloth diapers and think they are great). I especially love number 13...I feel that way every day with my Helen!

Rashenbo said...

Awwww, what a touching list. That's fabulous... and the pictures are soooo cute!! I just love tiny little babies... it's when they refuse to clean their room and throw temper tantrums that they lose their "cuteness" :)

Thanks for visiting my blog!

Crystal said...

:o)

Ann said...

That's awesome. I can't wait to not be able to live without those things. :0)

Jill said...

Baby need a lot of attention!! I found women who is breastfeeding couragious(Can't see myself doing if I have children!!)
And your son is doing the same face,espacially the mouth, as my older niece at his age!! Cute!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails