5.25.2009

Yard Sale Finds

Here are some of the things I picked up this weekend - I got some fabulous clothes too, but those will wait til Friday so I can link up with Jen's Frugal Fashion finds!

These three pieces came from the same home, and I got them all for $15, which was about $10 less than the prices on the three items, but I asked her if she'd take $15 for all (and 10 Dr. Seuss books!) and she said yes.

This little shelf is on our back porch, holding our 'porch' dishes.


I haven't decided where to put these two chairs, but they're solid oak and I like the look of them. I am considering painting them lime green, thanks to an image I saw in one of my Home Decorating magazines, and then putting them on our covered front porch.

This piece looks like it was built into this corner, so I think I will just paint it the same color as the wall whenever we paint the walls. I'm not sure what to put on it since I have Littles that get into everything and this is just at their height, which at their age is pretty much an open invitation to explore :)

I already linked up the boy clothes I found and posted earlier this week, but I thought I would add this post to Rhoda's Thirfty Treasures too!

11 comments:

Frugal Jen said...

Those are some great finds! I like the idea of the chairs painted green.

Thanks for stopping by my blog. You caught me on the plug. I guess it is a faux light since I have no plug on that wall. I am trying to get my hubby to hire someone to do it.

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Nice finds on the corner shelf & chair! You did really good, thanks for playing today.

Susie Q said...

Nice finds. I'd just anchor the shelf to the wall, paint it all the same color and put toys for the boys on it...I seem to recall doing that a few times ;D

So Sunny Day said...

Hi Jessica!

what great finds!i just LOVE the corner shelf! I will definitely be checking back to see how it turns out!

Thanks for stopping by "too Blessed to Stress" I hope you'll come back often.

Blessings, Emily from too Blessed to Stress

★Carol★ said...

I like that little corner shelf alot. I definitely would have grabbed that for myself!

Linda (Nina's Nest) said...

You got some very useful and attractive items - good job! Linda

Mary said...

Ilove the little corner shelf and the other shelf is perfect for the porch, nice finds!

The Tattered Cottage said...

You got some really great items. I think my favorite is the corner shelf. Great idea for the paint color on the chairs. I'll be back to visit once they are painted.
Toni

AndreaLeigh said...

wow! $15 is a STEAL! i love your finds!

sara@augustfields said...

wow jessica! $15.00 for all PLUS 10 books is fabulous!! I am going to totally affirm you in your decision to paint the chairs lime green.....I LOVE lime green and have lots of it in our schoolroom....can't wait to see the results! :)

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

Great finds! I love that little corner shelf!

Manuela

Related Posts with Thumbnails