5.25.2009

Easy Fried Icecream

I saw this recipe at The Happy Housewife's blog the other day and I couldn't get it out of my mind. It looked SO yummy and so easy, so against my better judgment I picked up the ingredients at the grocery store this weekend. My weight loss goals are officially on hold. We have had this two nights in a row now and it is YUMMY! And seriously super easy.

You will need:
Icecream (I used coffee flavored for fun!)
Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cereal
Chocolate Syrup

Roll the icecream into balls.
Roll in crushed cereal.
Put under the (preheated) broiler for 30 seconds
And *voila!* Easy Fried Icecream!
And as if that we're enough calories - pour chocolate syrup on top for even more yummy-ness!



The first night I followed the full instructions, which involve putting the balls of icecream back into the freezer after you form them, and then putting them back in again after you have rolled them in cereal. That's probably the smartest way to do it.
But if you're in a rush and want Fried Icecream in about a minute and a half, you can totally skip those steps and just do it all at once. I know because we couldn't wait for the freezing time so just went ahead and broiled. :)

Check out Jen's blog for more Tasty Tuesday recipes and her very funny story about grilling meat :)
And Andrea for recipe link ups with Tuesdays at the Table

7 comments:

Jen@Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

I completed missed this recipe on her blog. YUM!!! I used to love getting fried ice cream at the Mexican restaurant as a kid. Would NEVER have thought to do this. Thanks for sharing. :)

annies home said...

thanks for this recipe been looking for one for a while

Astrid in Bristling Acres said...

Oh wow! Does that look good or what? I want some...Now!!! :)

Jen said...

Interesting :P

Smelling Coffee said...

Looks delicious! :-)

Jessica The Rock Chick said...

Wow-that does look delicious!!! I think I have the stuff to do it ;) Gonna try that tonight!

~The Mangos~ said...

Does it take high or low broil???

Related Posts with Thumbnails