5.31.2009

A White Dish

This weekend was the base wide sale, and for the second year in a row I wasn't disappointed! If you live near a military base look up their number and call and ask if they hold an annual base wide yard sale. I spent three solid hours looking at yard sales on our base - and I am pretty sure I missed homes because the housing layout is a bit confusing! So when you call and ask if they host a yard sale, ask if they have maps available too :)
Ours had an abundance of baby, kid and women clothing and accessories, toys, books, household accessories and furniture. A lot of the clothes, toys and furniture were from Germany and were nice quality. There was a noticeable lack of men's things - though just about every other house was selling one of those massive all-in-one workout machines :)


I haven't had a chance to take pictures of most of the treasures, so I'll save those for later this week. This is the one treasure I picked up with Rhoda in mind... I was looking at a table of home decor items and this white dish stood out to me and made me think of Rhoda's white dish collection. I thought "Oh, I'll pick that up for Rhoda!" Silly me! I have never met Rhoda. You know you spend too much time online when you're shopping and start thinking about a blogger you have never met.
After much debate in my head I decide that I would buy it for myself anyway... maybe this will be the start of my own white dish collection!

Does anyone know what this dish is suppose to be used for? It's fairly large - bigger than a candy dish would be.




10 comments:

Tammy said...

A fancy fruit dish!

Brandy said...

punch?

BIG candy?

ooo Flowers in water

Anonymous said...

It would look beautiful to serve a trifle or banana pudding out of.

The Tattered Cottage said...

Love the dish and thanks for the heads up re: base wide yard sales :)
Toni

Mary said...

Can be used for so many things..Love it!

★Carol★ said...

I don't know what it's supposed to be used for, but I do know that it's pretty, and you can use it for almost anything!

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

How funny, you thought of me! :) Well, now you have a start to your own collection. Looks like milkglass to me, though I'm not entirely sure. And I think probably a planter or yes, a candy jar. You could use it for displaying real flowers too, just cut them shorter than normal.

Helen Joy said...

That dish is gorgeous! I would put fruit in it.

Brittany said...

it would be cute with pasta or fruit salad???

Bethany said...

It looks like a footed compote dish or a trifle bowl to me. A compote dish would be slightly smaller than the trifle. Both typically are used to serve fruit or dessert. Very pretty!

Related Posts with Thumbnails