5.15.2009

Frugal Fashionista

I am so excited! A Frugal Fashionista Fashion Show showing casing none other than Thrift Store and Yard Sale finds! Jen is hosting it, so head on over to see her finds as well as everyone else who has linked up!

I couldn't decide if I wanted to show you my clothes or the boys clothes. I had decided on the boys clothes, but then remembered the baby is still napping so I couldn't get any clothes from their room. So by default I have to show you my clothes!


I got this great American Eagle sweater for $1. I just love the color - kind of a gray green color.
(*Ahem* I am not that skinny. I tie any belts that come with clothes tightly around them to keep my toddler from snatching them from my closet.)

This jacket was .50 cents, and while it is totally not me, I think it'll be kind of fun over some bright colors. I think it can be fabulous. And if I am wrong, I'll just send it on to Goodwill.


I bought the following two dresses from the same yard sale last summer. I was hugely pregnant and had only the faintest dream of ever fitting into either of the dresses. They were both brand new, from Banana Republic and one had a price sticker of $168 and the other was a little more! (I have taken the tag off that one and can't exactly remember!) I got both dresses for $15.

The brown one now fits me well.

I love the detail.


This one is still waiting to fit. It will. Soon.


9 comments:

Jen@Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

Ok, I am totally coveting in the most Godly sort of way possible. I LOVE that gr1y sweater and that brown dress. What FINDS!! They are all great, and I think you can make that jacket look fabulous with some bright colors. I couldn't tell if the shoulder had pads that would make you look "boxy", but if it does you could always take them out. :)
Thanks for joining in our fun frugal fashion show.

Tracey said...

Love the sweater! You got some great deals! I like seeing what other moms find for their kids as well, so hope you'll show the boys' clothes soon :)

Lara said...

I often go to thrift stores, because you can find there some amazing things!

Anonymous said...

Hi there, Happy Pink Saturday! Love the clothes - please come visit me anytime.

xJ
MaidenShade.wordpress.com
MaidenShade.com

TreasureHunter said...

Oh my goodness! I love those pieces. You need to become a professional shopper!

Angie W. said...

Love your finds! So glad I'm not the only one with a belt-snatching toddler.

Sara said...

Great finds! I especially love the brown dress. :)

Niki Jolene said...

The brown dress is fab. One thing I never have luck with is dresses at thrift shops.

:)

The Rock Chick said...

I love the brown dress!!! wow!!! We just had a new thrift store open up right near my house. I haven't had a chance to check it out yet, but now I'm even more excited about it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails