5.17.2009

Yard Sale Finds

I only went to one yard sale this weekend, but I picked up two more Christmas presents for the boys. If you missed my post earlier this week you can see the post here on some of the gifts I have picked up for the boys at yard sales so far this year.

This weekend I picked up two large Magna Doodles (the magnetic boards you draw on and then slide to erase.) They were in good shape and the pens are attached by string to the board - so no loosing the pens! YAY! I didn't get a picture of them and they're currently stashed away in my Gift Box.

The second item was two wooden Thomas the Tank Engine train whistles.
I didn't really like them as they were.

This is one of them before:

And this is the after:



I recovered it with scrapbook paper, Modge Podged it and *voila*! I think I am going to put their names on one each, and perhaps some other text if I can think of something.

Check out all the other thrifters finds at Rhoda's!

7 comments:

Kammy said...

Great re-covery ! Love that modge podge !
Hugs ~ Kammy

The Tattered Cottage said...

Great transformation! And I LOVE the Gift Box idea...I wish I could have thought about that when my sons were little.
Toni

The Rock Chick said...

Wow! You are so clever and creative! I don't think I would have ever thought of doing that, but really, little boys and train whistles? Aren't you afraid of going insane? LOL

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Those are great finds! If I had some kids, I'd be out there finding all sorts of things for them. I see TONS of great kids stuff out there.

Anonymous said...

Hi, Jessica! Thanks for your comment on my blog! We really are practically neighbors. Augusta is a pretty town, one we pass through whenever we visit my parents in Atlanta. I love the idea of a swap, too! I am close enough, especially if something happens in Charlotte, that I can drive there!

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! :) I love the way you got creative with the whistles!!

Kim @ Starshine Chic said...

Great idea on buying toys, etc for your boys & stashing them away. If I did that, I would forget where I stashed the stuff. That is my life story. I know I have something, but don't know where it is. I guess I should get organized.

Related Posts with Thumbnails