5.28.2009

Chocolate Cake in a Mug

My Aunt sent me this recipe and this is Dangerous Stuff I tell you! Chocolate cake baked in a matter of minutes in your microwave. I realize it's a bit more spectacular for me since my oven doesn't work and a regular baked chocolate cake isn't an option at all. But even if my oven did work it's a pretty fabulous thing.

Chocolate cake in three minutes flat! You can't beat that!
While it isn't the best chocolate cake in the world, it is still good, and definitely worthy of being mentioned :)

Ingredients:
4 tablespoons flour
4 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons cocoa
1 egg
3 tablespoons milk
3 tablespoons oil
3 tablespoons chocolate chips
A small splash of vanilla extract
1 large coffee mug (MicroSafe)

Add dry ingredients to mug, and mix well.

Add the egg and mix thoroughly.
Pour in the milk and oil and mix well.
Add the chocolate chips and vanilla extract, and mix again.
Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1000 watts.
The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don't be alarmed!
Allow to cool a little, and tip out onto a plate if desired.
EAT!
I think the recipe can be tweaked to make it better, but I haven't attempted that yet. I doubled the recipe and think that it was a bit too eggy, so if doubling again I think I would just use one egg. I used raspberry creme filled chocolate chips and they were delicious!

Let me know if you try this and what you think of it :)






I am linking this up to Jen's Tasty Tuesday since I don't have a new food post for today!

4 comments:

Nicole said...

Someone posted this on FB and said it needed something extra to it. That it wasn't as good as they thought. Maybe you do need to tweak it and re send the recipe out.
Yours does look better than the ones I have seen though!

Jessica Morris said...

I do think having the chocolate chips in it made the difference... the one I got said the chocolate chips were "optional" - I took that bit out because I don't think they are optional in this recipe!

Chelsea Rae said...

We tried this after Christina posted it on FB. We didn't like it all that much. Nathaniel ate it with ice cream but we probably wouldn't make it again.

annies home said...

these make really nice gifts as well we created them one year for gifts and the receivers loved them

Related Posts with Thumbnails