5.10.2009

Yard Sale Finds - $1 Edition


"Hold in your excitement for 20 minutes or so... I'm still waking up." - those were the groggy words of my sweet hubby Saturday morning as I was eagerly waiting for us to leave the house to hit up the yard sales. I was a bit nervous as we were leaving the house very late - like 9 am late!! But we got some great deals that I am just thrilled about and I *think* Paul ended up having fun too :) Even though I said last week that I like to shop alone, I like just as much to shop with Paul (and the littles were with us too!) Here are the deals we got for $1 or less - come back later this week to see more of the treasures we found!


This solid wood table - the lady had bought it intending to refinish it and never got around to it. The drawers need new faces and knobs, and the whole thing needs a fresh coat of paint, but otherwise it is perfect! And ONE DOLLAR folks! I couldn't whip that dollar bill out of my pocket fast enough! Wall hanging shelves with little knobs and a towel rack underneath. I haven't decided if it'll go in a bathroom or the boys room. Once I decide where it'll go I will decide how to paint it. It's made of solid wood too. A mirror - I like how the picture makes the frame look, but it's not really that dark. I am going to paint it. I love the shape of it! Brown leather pillows - both of them for $1. Three candle stick holders - all three for $1. I liked this suede jacket SO much, but it's a million times too small for me, so I bought it for my much-smaller-than-me-friend, and (hopefully she'll like it!) and then every time she wears it I can enjoy looking at it :) And if she doesn't like it, no biggie - it was only $1!! By far Judah's favorite purchase - a bag full of cars and trucks! There were close to a dozen cars. That $1 probably worked the hardest, in terms of it entertaining a two year old for a few hours. Boomwhackers - Judah loves music, and while they sell these in stores in sets of 8- at a price tag of $25 - he will have to settle for a set of 4 at a total of .75 cents! I am always on the look out for cooling looking books. Since we are the ones reading them to him - and we go through A LOT of books! - it's important to both Paul and myself that we find the books amusing and enjoyable too. This book was a quarter, and because the cover looked cool I picked it up without reading it. I then read it to Paul on the way home and I think it's our new favorite kids book. Ever.


But I think I am going to save it for Judah for Christmas.

I have an assortment of Christmas/Birthday gifts for the boys that I have purchased at yard sales this season - come back later this week to get an early peak at their presents!
Thanks for stopping by for those of you newly visiting!

Check out these other yard sale posts:
Christmas Edition
Decorating Edition
Pirate Edition (for the boys room)

And be sure to check our Rhoda's website for more participants in Thrifty Treasures!


21 comments:

Nicole said...

Dude, stop teasing me with all your bargains!! We don't have anything like that here in my town...
Awesome buys!!

Unknown said...

That table was only $1? WOW! Great find!

Rebecca at How I Burb said...

Lovely finds and future projects. That table is the steal of the century!

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Wow! You got some great finds for $1.00 and under! Amazing...Debbie

Linda (Nina's Nest) said...

Isn't is unbelievable what you can get for $1 at a garage/sale....wow - that was quite a haul! Linda

Amanda said...

ok I need to go garage sailing with you- wow! what amazing deals!!

Amanda@Imperfectly Beautiful said...

WOW...you scored big time. I am so impressed with your yard sale skills...$1 and under! I find good deals, but not that good.

trish said...

One.Dollar. Only one dollar! Holy Cow! Love that table! :o)
Sincerely ~ Tricia Anne

Jen Milne said...

Can't wait to see what you end up doing with all of your loot! You are so talented, I know they will all be beautiful :-)

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

OK, you might get the deal of the day for that $1 table. Way to go on that, you'll have to show us the after. And all the stuff for your kids, great deals!

Cindy said...

I want the table!

Betty Jo said...

Super finds! That table is totally awesome and I can't wait to see what you do with it. ♥

The Rock Chick said...

The Queen of Deals strikes again!!!! I can't believe the things you find. Every time I go to a garage sale, I never seem to find anything I want. Perhaps I need to train my eye better! Way cool, Jessica

Debbie said...

Wow, great finds. Debbie

Carol said...

All great finds, but that li'l table was an amazing find for $1!! So many possibilities!

Glenda/MidSouth said...

All great finds - but the table is the best.
Glenda

Megan Bennett said...

What a steal- jealous- I want the table. -GRIN-

Patricia @ ButterYum said...

Wow, fantastic finds!

Carrie said...

No way, not ever would I find stuff like that for a dollar! Wow!!!

Nicki said...

Wow! Can't believe you got that table for a $1! Such a great deal. :)

Miss G said...

yea for boomwhackers! They are lots of fun. Kelly

Related Posts with Thumbnails