5.24.2007

Military Wife

I am proud that I am a military wife.
Today at the airport there was a large number of soldiers who had just returned from serving in Iraq. There was clapping and cheering from all the people standing around the airport and I just wanted to walk up and hug each one of them and give tell each one thank you. But I couldn't. I couldn't even clap. I stood and watched each one of them walking by and I had tears streaming down my face. Happy tears and sad tears. Happy tears for the ones that were standing there, home and so close to being with their families. Sad tears for the ones that sacrificed their lives for us, and for their loved ones that will never see them again.

It is an interesting thing - being a Canadian by birth I never would have imagined that I would feel the way I do about the US Army (for those wondering, I do have American citizenship now!) I am proud of my husband and I am proud of all the other men and women that serve this country.

2 comments:

Melissa Murphy said...

That must have been something... I am wondering how I will do when the 321st comes home... Without Jim.

Sarge Charlie said...

I am proud that you are proud.....

Related Posts with Thumbnails