7.30.2008

Besides The Point

I called our Cable Internet company as I had recently read a story about a woman who called her company, told them she was looking for ways to reduce expenses, and they cut her bill in half for one year.
So I thought I would try it.

I didn't get my bill lowered, but I did have one of the funniest conversations of my life!

The lady on the other end of the phone told me they couldn't lower the bill, unless we wanted to downgrade our speed.

I assured her we didn't want to lower the speed. Just the price. Could she offer me a special deal, or an introductory rate or something to make the price lower?

Nope. She couldn't. She was sorry. Very sorry. You see, high speed internet is the only thing they offer that doesn't come with an introductory rate. But if I wanted to add other things to my package they could make a deal that would actually save me money.

Really? I was curious. Could I actually save money by purchasing more things?

Oh yes. She was convinced. If I bought more things she could give me a deal. And she could save me money. Even though our monthly bill would go up.

Now I was confused. How could I save money if I spent more money to get more things that I didn't need?

Evidently that is beside the point. As that is exactly what she told me.

I chuckled. How could one not chuckle? But it was a polite chuckle. And I told her if she couldn't lower the internet bill I wasn't interested in spending more to save money. And then I thanked her for her time and said goodbye.

2 comments:

~Diamond~ said...

Gotta love the cable company!!! One of my college instructors swore by this, specially cause he did it and it worked for him. But when I tried, NOTHING! LOL

I was offered the same "deal" you were, spend more to save more...ok, whatever!

Jessica said...

Things that make you go "hmm." I love it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails