9.02.2007

Laundry Laughs

Have you ever read the care instructions on your underwear? I never have. Until yesterday that is, and what I read made me laugh. It made me laugh so hard I had to run and check all my underwear care instructions. They all say the typical "Wash with like colors. Tumble Dry" and then the line that made me laugh "Iron as needed." IRON?! Underwear?!?! Forget the fact that ironing is my least favorite chore and I have done it less than a handful of times since getting married. WHO in their right mind irons underwear? Even if you love ironing, would you ever iron underwear? Have you ever heard of such a thing??

While we're talking about underwear... the lady at VS said such a funny thing to me when I was using my coupon to get the free underwear.
I put my purchase down on the counter along with my $10 off any purchase coupon.
VS LADY: Don't you want to get the 5 for $25 deal? With this coupon you can get 5 for $15. It's a much better deal!
ME: (trying to sound confused): Better deal than free?
VS LADY: Oh...
Then she rushed through the rest of the transaction without talking to me.

Ok, underwear talk is finished... on to other things now... like my baby!
I am not sure what's going on with him... he is on a sleeping strike. I won't give you a run down on our whole week, but starting with this weekend he's slept 6 hours Friday night, 40 minutes all day Saturday, 6 hours Saturday night and NOTHING today!! He is far too young to be giving up his naps yet ... I have no idea what is causing this strike! He has bags under his eyes he's so tired! It is now 11pm and he is not anywhere close to going to sleep - he's happy, just won't sleep!

6 comments:

Crystal said...

I may be crazy, but not crazy enough to iron underwear. That's just insane.

Anonymous said...

about judahs sleeping, we just went through something like that with jack! you just have to get a schedule that you think should work and STICK to it!!!!! you just have to put him in his crib and walk away! its that hardest thing i have done so far as a mom, but i need my sanity! with jack we did 2 naps a day. one about 2-3 hours after he wakes up in the morning and the around 3-4 hours after he wakes up from that nap and then he goes to bed around 9 9:30. sometimes we have bad days, but since doing this i have noticed a huge difference in jack! hope this helps! ashleigh

Amber said...

LOL-now I'm going to have to go look at my underwear labels. But no, I will *not* be ironing them.

katherine. said...

true story...when my father went away to college he would ship his laundry from Indiana to Chicago...where my Gramma would wash and iron it all...including his underwear and ship it back...she had one of those "mangle" things...

Anonymous said...

Tons of people do it over here... okay, not tons... but Craig's grandmother does it... and she irons socks as well. I hate ironing because I can't get it perfect... and I'm too much of a perfectionist. Anyways, hope you're doing well...

Anonymous said...

I don't even own an iron, let alone an ironing board. If it can't go through the washer and dryer I don't buy it.
I know a mom who irons all of her family's clothes- including their underwear!

Related Posts with Thumbnails