4.04.2009

What We're Eating...


I don't think I ate Asparagus before we got married, and I'm not sure what made me buy it in the first place, but we love it! We ate a lot of it last Spring, and I just bought it this past week for the first time in ages... so, so yummy! Judah adores it too. I bought 1lb of it and cooked it up for an evening snack and it was gone in no time at all. I guess next time I'll do 2lbs.

Judah helped season them with Olive Oil, Salt and Pepper.
He went a little heavy on the pepper, but it ended up tasting amazing.




I preheated the oven to 400 F, spread the asparagus in a single layer on the baking sheet (washed, and with the bottom ends cut off) and then put them in the oven for awhile.

I'm not sure how long awhile is. I changed a diaper, switched over a load of laundry, played tag with Judah and sat and talked with Paul for a moment while they were in the oven. I'd say twenty minutes-ish.

That sounds like a productive twenty minutes! If only all my twenty minute spans throughout the day were that productive... that was probably the most productive twenty minutes of my day. Maybe it's telling me I should be eating asparagus more often. Or at least cooking it for twenty minutes in my oven more often.

Eat asparagus. It will make the "awhile" that they are cooking the most productive time of your day.

And they're good.

Oh so good.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

I only ate asparagus a few months ago for the first time too!! It was awesome.
I did a Jamie Oliver side dish, you get bit of olive oil, 2 teaspoons dijon mustard, dash of red wine vinegar, salt, pepper and some fresh continental parsley leaves chopped. Mix it all together, boil the asparagus until they are just cooked then poor the dressing over the top!
He also does this roast chicken breast with salt, pepper, herbs, butter with asparagus and cherry tomatoes wrapped in foil which I want to try too.

Kim said...

I LooooooooooVe asparagus. I didn't eat it much growing up, but we eat it all. the. time. when it's in season. It's so delicious!!!

I made your concoction tonight, it was really good!! I'll be saving that one for sure. It's amazing how the easiest dishes are often the most delicious, eh?

Related Posts with Thumbnails