12.03.2009

Tin Foil "Stained Glass" Ornaments


I plan on making these with Judah soon. It's super simple and you can really do so much with these - change the shape, use glitter, add trim to the edge - whatever you think of! I posted this idea a couple years ago, so I am just copying from that post.

You will need 
a piece of stiff paper
 cardboard or card stock
tin foil
hot glue
Sharpie markers
hole punch
ribbon

Directions:
Cut paper to desired ornament shape.
Drizzle hot glue over the stiff paper to make sections.
Once dry cover with tin foil.
Color the sections in with colored Sharpies for stained glass effect.
Use the hole punch to make a hole to place the ribbon through. 
 
If so desired color the 'glue dividers' with a black Sharpie. I don't really like how that looks, so I'll be leaving ours plain.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great idea! Must try it here and maybe suggest it for a project at school for 3rd or 4th graders!

Garsy

Sactrippers said...

Oh I love this idea!! I will be trying it with my girls after school today - thanks for sharing.

mamabearscubhouse said...

great idea! a lot of creative wiggle room and with basic items! thank you!

melinda

An Almost Unschooling Mom said...

What a beautiful craft!

Expressions by Heather said...

I loved making these when I was younger! We would make them and hang them in the windows.

I am featuring these on my blog with a link back to here for the instructions on how to make them.

My blog can be found at:

theherberfamily.blogspot.com

(wait a few minutes, the post isn't written yet ;p)

Heather

Brittany said...

I like your idea so much that I will probably use a form of this idea in my art work..
thanks and Merry Christmas.
Brittany
http://www.papermoonies.blogspot.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails