11.27.2009

Thanksgiving Meal - Fondue



I forgot how much I love fondue - it had been exactly two years since we had made fondue - we made it Thanksgiving '07 when my parents were down visiting. This time we made it for a group of 11 and slightly tweaked the process for such a large group. Each person was given a bowl to dish the hot cheese fondue into, that way we didn't have to figure out a way to get 11 people to fit around one fondue dish!

The fondue recipe is here on my recipe blog. I doubled the recipe for our group of 11, which consisted of our two boys, three ladies and six men. There was a small amount of leftovers, so I would say doubling it for that size is about perfect!



 We borrowed two tables and all the chairs from church and since what will be our formal living room has no furniture in it yet we set up that area for our meal.

 
You can kind of get an idea of what the room looks like in the above images.

 
I saw this idea online and thought it would be a cute idea for holding some of the vegetables for the fondue. There were crayons on each end of the table for people to color while they ate.



I am really bad at remembering to take pictures of people when they are visiting. I got NONE of our guests!
But I did get a close up of the broccoli. 

We had chocolate fondue for dessert, complete with strawberries, pineapple, pretzels and angel food cake - it was delicious! My friend prepared all of the dessert fondue and I will have to get the recipe from her as it is one that is worth repeating! 

Linking up with Jen's Tasty Tuesday



2 comments:

The Activity Mom said...

So creative!

Erin from PA said...

Yum....I bet that fondue would be fabulous as a cheese sauce for mac and cheese! :) I'm gonna try it soon. Thanks for sharing!

Related Posts with Thumbnails