11.22.2008

Jokes on Me

I have this horrible habit of not being able to remember jokes. Up until this week I have never shared a joke (unless I am reading it from somewhere!) with anyone, simply because I never remember.
So this week I was talking with two friends and they start cracking jokes. I had just read a whole bunch of great jokes a couple of hours earlier, so I thought I'd join in.

"Where does a one eyed man buy clothes?"
They didn't know. So I answered;
"A second hand store."

They looked at each other.
And then looked at me.
Totally confused expressions on their faces.

I didn't understand why, and I was like; "What?! Don't you get it?"
And they said "No... not really."

And so I repeated it, only this time correctly;
"Where does a one handed man buy clothes?"

And they started laughing.
Very hard.

And told me my mistake.

And I think I turned red.
And have decided joke telling is not for me.

2 comments:

The Rock Chick said...

Are you here all week? LOL They say stand up comedy is one of the hardest things to do! Although, I think your story is funnier than the joke so it's all ok in the end! ;)

BeckeyZ said...

THAT was hysterical. Don't feel bad, I can never remember them right either. That, or I'm the one pretending to think it's funny 'cus I don't get it, and then when it finally sinks in, I crack up and everyone thinks I'm nuts.

Related Posts with Thumbnails