1 c butter (2 sticks), melted
2 c sugar
2 t vanilla
3/4 c cocoa
1 c flour
1/2 t baking powder
1/4 t salt
1 c chopped nuts, optional
For cream cheese topping:
1/3 c sugar
8 oz cream cheese, softened or slightly warmed
1/2 t vanilla
1. In large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add vanilla, eggs, and cocoa, beating after each addition.
2. Add flour, baking powder, and salt. Add nuts if using. Pour batter into greased 9 x 13 pan.
3. In separate bowl, mix sugar and cream cheese until no lumps remain. Stir in egg and vanilla. Pour over brownie batter. Cut through batter with knife several times for a marbled effect.
4. Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes until cream cheese topping is slightly browned.
5. Cool and store in refrigerator.
This morning I realized I hadn't photographed them, so I went to do that and this was all that was left!! (And now it's gone too!)
I am on a Middle Eastern food kick right now. When we moved we lost the blade for our food processor, so making Hummus is impossible right now, but hopefully soon! I imagine it will be amazing with the pita bread.
Does anyone have any other recipes to share?!