1.24.2010

Carrot Souffle


I never did get a picture of the finished product, but here it is in the blender!

One of the ladies at church made this a couple years ago and I got the recipe from her as it is simply amazing. It is very rich and I only make it for special occasions - in this case it was made for Christmas dinner when my whole family was here visiting. I made the recipe as it is written below and even after 8 adults and 2 kids ate it there were some leftovers.
Here it is as written out by my friend:

3 lbs sliced, cooked carrots (i just use 3 reg size cans)
1 1/2 c. butter
6 lg eggs
1/2 c. AP flour
1 T. b. powder
3 c. sugar (i only use 2 c and sometimes I do 1 c sugar, 1 c. Splenda)
1/4 t. cinnamon
Process carrots in food processor or blender and add remaining ingredients--stopping to smooth down the sides. Spoon into a lightly greased 9x13 dish. Bake at 350 for 1 hr or til set.

***I can't fit all of it in my blender so I put everything except the sugar, then pour the mixture and the sugar in a large bowl and stir it til it is blended. It can get a little messy :(  This is an easy one to divide by 3 if you want a smaller dish.

Check out more from Tasty Tuesday

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails