9.20.2008

Since Tuesday

Paul came home on Tuesday, all bandaged up. His left arm is in a cast, his right hand is bandaged and his right knee is bandaged. It is nice having him at home. We all missed him while he was in the hospital.

Life is busy right now, and we are attempting to simplify as much as possible. As a result I've decided to give up CVS for now. The deals aren't as good as they once were and it is exhausting trying to figure out the deals, get to the store and then FIND the items in stock.
So today I went out with my $12 in Extra Bucks and spent them all. I ended up spending $2.30 in cash as well, but I got $60 worth of stuff :) It was exciting. And unless an amazing deal comes up I am done with CVS for the short term.

This week I took a break from not buying groceries - being creative with what we have in the pantry and freezer was not an easy thing to do while running to and from the hospital and running on very little sleep. So we have changed our challenge a bit - we are now just going to be very careful with what we buy, and attempt to remain creative with the foods in the house, but we'll buy foods that will make it easier for me to get quick and healthy meals on the table.

I have had fun with cooking. I made up a Thai dish this week - entirely from scratch. I was so proud of myself and it was so yummy. We ate it with chopsticks. Paul is such a good sport :)


I am hooked on Macaroni Grill's Chicken Marsala with Linguine - you can buy the seasoning and pasta in a box and you just add the chicken, water and butter (and we add extra pasta.) It is SO YUMMY. I am going to try to figure out how to make it myself - has anyone ever made Chicken Marsala? Any good recipes to share?

I have spent some time exploring new blogs, and have discovered some really good ones!! I will share the sites shortly.

Thanks all for your prayers, love and concern for us! Paul sees the Doctor on Friday, and I'll update about him then!

7 comments:

Weeksie50 said...

I am not very creative in the kitchen... In fact its my very least favorite to be.. Isn't it funny how some peolpe love to cook while others don't enjoy it so much..

I am glad your family is all back together..and here is wishing your husband a speedy recovery..

HJ said...

Hi Jessica!

Thanks for your comments on my blog, I'll definately be trying out your recipe for rice pudding, although we don't use Cup measurements in the UK so it'll need some figuring out.

Hope Paul is doing better, you two have the cutest kids I've ever seen!

Fire Hunt said...

I love all your recipe so I now need to do this one.

Jessica said...

So good to hear you're all back home again. I know that has to be stressful, though. Let me know if I can do anything to help you! I pass your house all the time.....if you need a gallon of milk or something give me a call.

The Rock Chick said...

So glad Paul is back home with you guys! My best wishes for a super speedy recovery for him!!!

I tried the CVS thing twice, but the deals were never on products that I really used. I think they may differ by area, too. I still have $7.00 bucks to use within the next couple of days so I'm going to see if I can find something.

Julie said...

Glad to hear that he's home from the hospital!

Have you checked out www.freezehappy.com? At least I think that's the address, I have a link from my blog. I need to get better at it but my problem to overcome right now is how to cook and eat right when it's pretty much just me. #'s 1 and 2 hardly eat between the two of them and #3 is still on mama's milk.

The Rock Chick said...

My hubby makes Chicken Marsala! I'll find out his recipe and send it to you. It's quick and easy and delicious!

Related Posts with Thumbnails