1.24.2008

Surgery Tomorrow


I had pre-op today for my cerclage placement tomorrow. I am first on the list - surgery is at 5:30am!! 5:30!!!! I realize I am not a morning person, but this seems to be insane even for morning people!

Paul has the next 13 days off of work - I am suppose to be on bed rest for the first week, in order to give my body time to recover, and then just take it easy for the remainder of the pregnancy.

I think we're going to end up taking Judah to the hospital with us - they won't do my surgery unless there is another adult present that can drive me home... we plan to get there at 5:15 in the morning, and I should be home by 9 or 10 the same morning - so technically Judah should sleep through the whole thing. He's really good at just hanging out, so he'll probably be there in the waiting room snoozing on his daddy's shoulder.

It's a little bit weird knowing what to expect this time around. It's not bad surgery at all - just, uh, isn't fun.

I am
grateful that they are going to perform the surgery - at the last minute last week my doctor tried to convince me I didn't need it... I know I haven't really been blogging much about it, but I have done a lot of research, and it was pretty much a retarded reason to not want to give me the stitch, and the Dr. ended up shrugging and telling me that if I really wanted it then they would do it.

There is a very slight risk of infection when placing the stitch, so please be praying that that doesn't happen!

3 comments:

The Rock Chick said...

Hope everything went well, Jessica! I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers!!!

Hugs!
Jessica

Amy said...

Will keep you in my prayers for the procedure tomorrow. I had so many issues with my last pregnancy and spent the last 7 weeks on complete bedrest...it seems so hard to do it at the time but as you know from having your sweet Judah it is so worth anything you have to go through. Will pray for Judah to cooperate and be a good little guy while he waits with his Daddy.

Amy said...

Just realized that you posted this the other day and not today...ooops...hope everything went well :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails