2.08.2008

A Lesson Learned


A hungry pregnant woman should not go to the grocery store on her own. I went out at 9 (Gotta love 24 hour Wal-Mart!) to grab milk, some bananas and some carrot sticks. And I ended up buying a ridiculous amount of food... the strawberries were on sale and I could almost taste them in my mouth. The lime tequila chicken wings were calling my name. The rice milk (which I haven't had in over a year) suddenly was something I needed *right away.* (I opened it in the car and drank some as soon as I got in!) Then there were the digestive cookies, the Macaroni and Cheese, the yogurt, the orange juice, the hamburgers, the chicken breasts, the avocados, the kiwi ... seriously - the list doesn't stop. What was suppose to be a quick trip to the store to grab a couple of items turned into an all out grocery shopping trip. Which in a way is good... because now we don't need *anything* at all for quite a while. But when we do need something it'll be more milk, bananas and carrot sticks - the things that go the fastest. And the things that got me in this situation in the first place. Maybe it'll mean that Paul will run out for those items for me next time?! :)

4 comments:

The Rock Chick said...

They say you should never go to the grocery store hungry. I'd say hungry AND pregnant is a definite mix that would make you buy out the store! LOL

I was always starving when I was pregnant. (probably why I gained almost 70-80 lbs with each pregnancy). I seriously could not stop eating!!

Jessica

Debbie said...

Funny thing is I spend WAY more with my hubby with me. Cute story!

Bethany said...

Oh, living in Georgia must be glorious! Just imagining all those fresh (and probably locally grown) fruits makes my mouth water! Maybe you should take Paul next time. At least you bought healthy things :)

Crystal said...

LOLOL that happens to me all the time, and I'm not pregnant. Imagine if I were. We'd go broke.

Dustin hates shopping with me because I can.not.stick. to the list. I just can't.

Related Posts with Thumbnails