12.01.2008

Holidays



There is something so completely wrong about this commercial - a credit card that will help you spend your money more wisely. It's a pretty ingenious way to market a credit card. It looks appealing, sounds appealing, and yet the bottom line is that it is still a credit card and it is enabling you to purchase things you couldn't otherwise afford.

We had a great Thanksgiving. Paul's parents and brother were here for the long weekend, and on Thanksgiving day itself we had some church friends over for a meal too. It was fun.

I did three photo shoots in three days - one shoot being for total strangers. That was pretty exciting.

I didn't hit any sales on Black Friday this year - the past two years we have been up before the sun, standing in lines- but not this year. Something about having a baby that wakes up every 3 hours around the clock kind of kills ones enthusiasm for willingly loosing sleep.
I did quickly stop by our local Goodwill to see if they had their items on sale (I'd heard rumors...) but the rumors proved to be false and nothing was on sale.

Now that Thanksgiving is over I think I will get our tree up. Before Thanksgiving I kept opening our bins of Christmas decorations and Paul would tell me to close them up and not even think about decorating. But Thanksgiving is now over, our company is gone, and Paul is out of town for the week... I could get this place decked out while he is gone :)

2 comments:

Crystal said...

What? What in the world does it do? Strange ad. I'm a fan of our credit cards, but we don't use them to buy things we can't otherwise afford. We just use them for their stronger security vs. cash/check/debit. I wouldn't recommend that for people with lack of credit card self control though. It obviously is not a system that works for everyone.

The Rock Chick said...

Sounds like you had a great holiday and three photo shoots! WOW! You'll be earning mega money with that camera in no time! I put up my big Christmas tree. Have two smaller ones that I need to do still and we have nothing outside at all. We got like 3 inches of snow alrready, though, so I'm going to wait and see if it melts...LOL

Related Posts with Thumbnails