And isn't his outfit so sweet? A friend picked it up for him in Australia.
The Meringue Recipe:
- Whites from 3 large eggs at room tempature
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar, preferably super fine (I used regular sugar, they tasted fine!)
- 1 tsp spearmint extract or 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
- Food coloring (I suggest GREEN!)
- Chocolate chips (my aunt suggested using mint chips next time, yum!)
- Heat oven to 200F and prepare two baking sheets with nonstick foil (I used one big sheet)
- Beat egg whites and cream of tartar in large bowl with mixer on medium speed until peaks form when beaters are lifted.
- Gradually add sugar. Beat on high for 3-4 minutes, scrapping down sides of bowl with rubber spatula, until stiff, shiny peaks form. Beat in extract and a few drops of food coloring. Add desired amount of chocolate chips and stir.
- Spoon onto prepared baking sheet - recipe says it makes 24 meringues, if you want a reference point :)
- Bake 3 - 3 1/4 hours until meringue is dry and crisp all the way through. Cool and then eat!