7.10.2006

Just chillin' at the library

Having friends and family that totally forget your birthday (or that are in a thirld world country with an unrealiable mail system) is kind of a cool thing... because even though they forgot your birthday on the day of your birthday, they 1) grovel at your feet apologizing about having forgotten (Heather!!!) and 2) help prolong the birthday celebrations by sending the card/and or gift LATER!!!
I am a sucker for anything that comes through the mail... so fun!!! =) (and I did get your card Aunt Polly - thank you =)

Today was a very exciting day for me. Granted, it doesn't take much to make my day exciting...
I was at the market today and was talking with one of the men selling some veggies. I asked him where he was from - and it turns out he was from Nigeria!!! How cool, eh?! I was so excited!! I had never been to his city, but he knew the village that I had spent the year at, and it was just so cool to chat with him about it.
He told me about this store that sells Nigerian food, so I stopped at it to check it out. I'll have to wait till Angie comes to visit and can cook it for me... or make friends with some Nigerians around here that could make it for me =)

3 comments:

Essie said...

I updated my blog! I have had your birthday present since Jan... You will get it when I see you...

Anonymous said...

Hello Jessica,

Our computer wasn't working too for few months and using the library to get access on the internet. Anyway, love reading your updates. Go to my sites too by clicking my name here. I have tons of pictures there. Take care and God bless...

Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read »

Related Posts with Thumbnails