6.04.2010

Green Smoothie for Veggie Hater

Meet Adam. 
A vegetable hater. 
We made him a green smoothie yesterday and, in his words;
"I don't love it. But I don't hate it either. I would drink this if someone made it for me again."

That, dear readers, is a huge mark of success. 

We used our new favorite special ingredient for his smoothie - Schwan's Golden Fruit Blend. This fruit blend is incredibly delicious. It includes pineapple, mango, peaches and strawberries. It is our favorite frozen fruit blend that we have ever used. It is too expensive for us to use with great frequency (given that we are drinking 3 a day we do try to use ingredients we find on sale) but we have both agreed that we enjoy this blend so much it will become a staple in our freezer for extra special green smoothies.



Here is the recipe we made Adam

8oz Kale
1 carrot
4 Tablespoons coconut oil
about 1 cup water
about 2 frozen bananas
about 1 cup of ice



1 comment:

Stacy said...

I"ve been trying to get my husband to try my smoothies with no luck yet. He tried one last year but couldn't get past the smell of the green stuff (I had used too much).

Related Posts with Thumbnails